This page contains the information for artists who would like to participate in the Art Guild of Tellico Village Spring Art Show. Please review this information before submitting your application. Submit your application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
If you have questions about the Art Show, please contact Laura Hersh (LRHersh001@gmail.com)
- The 2022 Art Show will be held in the Community Church of Tellico Village Community Center April 29-May 1, 2022.
- All members of the Art Guild of Tellico Village are eligible and encouraged to participate in the Art Show. This is not a juried show.
- The fee for the Art Show is $25. The preferred method of payment is to use a credit card when the application is submitted. We use PayPal for credit card processing. You do NOT need a PayPal account to pay with your credit card. If you are not familiar with paying by PayPal, please review this information.
- All exhibiting artists must volunteer to help with the Art Show.
- There will be People’s Choice Awards, with $500 from Jerry’s Artarama to be awarded.
- Friday, April 1: Application deadline. If you elect to pay by check, your check must be received by April 5.
- Thursday, April 28: Artwork MUST be dropped off at the Community Church of Tellico Village between 1 and 3 PM.
- Show Dates:
- Friday, April 29: Show Hours are 1‐6 PM, with an Opening Reception from 4:30 to 6 PM. All artists are encouraged to attend the Opening Reception.
- Saturday, April 30: Show Hours are 10 AM‐6 PM.
- Sunday, May 1: Show Hours are 10 AM‐4 PM.
- Sunday, May 1: Artwork MUST be picked up between 4 and 4:30 PM.
- All Artwork
- Art must be original with no ideas or references copied, be ‘family friendly’ and created in the past 5 years. No prints or reproductions.
- Due to space limitations, no furniture will be accepted.
- Art can be listed for sale in our print and online materials, but no price tags are allowed. If you sell your art piece, the transaction must occur outside of the Community Center.
- Artists may submit up to 5 pieces of art. These may be pieces that will be hung on our display panels, displayed on a freestanding easel, displayed on a table or be freestanding on the floor.
- All artwork must have a label on the back or bottom of the pieces which contains the artist’s name, the title of the work, the medium and the price. With your confirmation letter you will receive a file that can be used for these labels.
- Once artwork is positioned by the display committee, nothing is to be moved.
- 2D Artwork (Artwork to be hung on our temporary walls)
- Of the 5 pieces allowed, artists are limited to 2 (two) pieces of 2D art that are greater than 36″ in either height or width. The artist must provide a freestanding easel to display these large pieces of artwork.
- All 2-D art (paintings, collages, photographs, etc) must be framed OR have deep profiles with finished edges and no visible staples.
- No sawtooth or eyetooth hangers may be used. View additional information on how to prepare your art to hang.
- Hanging wires should be taut so they will not be visible at the top when hung.
- Painted surfaces must be dry.
- Deliver framed and canvas art with a single sheet of cardboard with your name on it, to protect it when stacked prior to hanging.
- Fiber art & glass art which hangs should be delivered in a box to protect it during staging.
- 3D Artwork (Artwork to be displayed on tables or floor)
- Pieces must balance and stand on their own.
- Sculpture must be securely positioned on bases.
- Jewelry must be displayed in boxes or on forms.
NOTE: If more artwork is submitted than there is room to display, AGTV reserves the right to remove the 5th item submitted by each artist.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2022 Spring Art Show.