Important: Please Review these Exhibitor Reminders prior to the show!
This page contains the information for artists who would like to participate in the Art Guild of Tellico Village Spring Art Show. Please review this information before submitting your application. Submit your application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. If you like, you can download a printable version of this information: 2023 Artist Information.
- The 2023 Art Show will be held in the Community Church of Tellico Village Community Center April 28-30, 2023.
- All members of the Art Guild of Tellico Village are eligible and encouraged to participate in the Art Show. This is not a juried show.
- The fee for the Art Show is $25. The only method of payment is to use a credit card when the application is submitted. We use PayPal for credit card processing. You do NOT need a PayPal account to pay with your credit card. If you are not familiar with paying by PayPal, please review this information.
- All exhibiting artists must volunteer to help with the Art Show.
- Artists may submit an image of one of their pieces to be included in our online show. This must be an image of a piece that will be in the show.
- There will be People’s Choice Awards, with $500 from Jerry’s Artarama to be awarded.
- Saturday, April 1: Application deadline. Payment of the $25 fee for the show will be via credit card only.
- Thursday, April 27: Artwork MUST be presented for check in at the Community Church of Tellico Village between 11AM and 1 PM. We will also have a table for artists’ business cards if you would like to bring yours when you check in. Business cards cannot be displayed with the artwork.
- Show Dates:
- Friday, April 28: Show Hours are 10 AM‐6 PM, with an Opening Reception from 4:00 to 6 PM. The Opening Reception is being promoted as a ‘Meet & Greet’ opportunity with exhibiting artists. Therefore, all artists are encouraged to attend the Opening Reception.
- Saturday, April 29: Show Hours are 10 AM‐5PM.
- Sunday, April 30: Show Hours are 10 AM‐4 PM.
- Sunday, April 30: Artwork MUST be picked up between 4 and 4:30 PM. Artwork may not be removed prior to this time.
- All Artwork
- Art must be original with no ideas or references copied without permission, be ‘family friendly’ and created in the past 5 years. No prints or reproductions. For further clarification on our guidelines on originality, please review this information: AGTV Guidelines on OriginalityDue to space limitations, no furniture will be accepted. Art in the show can be listed for sale. The price or NFS (‘Not For Sale’) will be included in our print, online materials, and the descriptive tags that we place with each piece of art. Please do not put your own price tags on your work. If you sell your art piece, due to Church requirements, sales transactions from the Art Show must occur outside of the Church Community Center. Artists may submit up to 5 pieces of 2D and 5 pieces of 3D art. These may be pieces that will be hung on our display panels, displayed on a freestanding easel, displayed on a table or be freestanding on the floor. All artwork must have a label on the back or bottom of the piece which contains the artist’s name, the title of the work, the medium and the price. With your confirmation letter you will receive a file that can be used for these labels or you can download this file.
- Once artwork is positioned by the display committee, nothing is to be moved.
- 2D Artwork (Artwork to be hung on our temporary walls)
- Of the 5 pieces allowed, artists are limited to 2 (two) pieces of 2D art that are greater than 36″ in either height or width. The artist must provide a freestanding easel to display these large pieces of artwork.
- All 2-D art (paintings, collages, photographs, etc) must be framed OR have deep profiles with finished edges and no visible staples.
- No sawtooth or eyetooth hangers may be used. View additional information on how to prepare your art to hang.
- Hanging wires should be taut so they will not be visible at the top when hung.
- Painted surfaces must be dry.
- Deliver framed and canvas art with a single sheet of cardboard with your name on it, to protect it when stacked prior to hanging.
- Fiber art & glass art which hangs should be delivered in a box to protect it during staging. Please put your name on your box.
- 3D Artwork (Artwork to be displayed on tables or floor)
- Pieces must balance and stand on their own.
- Sculpture must be securely positioned on bases.
- Jewelry must be displayed in boxes or on forms.
- If you deliver your artwork in a box, please put your name on your box.
NOTE: If more artwork is submitted than there is room to display, AGTV reserves the right to remove the 5th item submitted by each artist.
Submissions for the 2023 Art Show are no longer being accepted.