Dates: February 17, 2023
Time: 10:00 to 3:00 pm
Location: Chota Classroom A
Contact Information: email@example.com
Class Size: Min 6 Max 15
Sign-up: Submit this registration form or click on the button below.
Deadline: February 4, 2023
Cancellation Policy: Participants may cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the class for a full refund. There will be no refunds within 14 days of the class unless spot can be filled from wait list. To cancel, fill out the class refund request form
Class Content: Explore the elements and principles of design through acrylic abstracts using natural wood panels as a guide! Following the natural grain of the wood panels will provide an alluring, organic texture to your abstract pieces. Discover the intrigue of contrast between colors, shapes, and textures with the 8×8 and 11×14 wood panels that will be provided. Techniques such as layering and color theory will also be discussed in this immersive class to further establish your confidence in creating beautiful abstract pieces!
1. Acrylic / Acrylic Gouache Paints
2. Acrylic Mediums of your choice
3. Brushes suitable for acrylics
4. A palette, this could be as simple as a paper plate!
5. Of course bring any other supplies you want! I suggest bringing paint pens, crayons, paper, anything that you think will add to your abstract! Also feel free to bring another small wood panel if you’d like or even a random piece of wood you find interesting!
Hannah will be providing a 11 x 14 panel and an 8 x 8 panel!
Biography: I am a professional mixed media artist born and raised in Knoxville, TN. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design from Maryville College. I am currently employed as a manager at Jerry’s Artarama where I use my knowledge and passion of art to assist customers. I also share my knowledge by teaching classes and workshops at a variety of art and crafts centers throughout the area. Additionally, I have participated in numerous regional art exhibitions throughout my life in East Tennessee and won multiple awards.